Shoes, as famous as they are loved. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors and are also made from different materials. Shoes are very familiar as everyone has a pair, they are worn every day and are used to protect our feet from the harsh extremities of weather, rocks, and soil. And in our artificial man-made environments, they protect us against sharp objects or concrete. Now, because of the commonality of shoes they are often thought about passively, that is, until something that shouldn’t happen to your feet happens and then you have to pay more attention to those two extremities. But it shouldn’t have to be that way. Our feet are important and should be taken care of and that means paying attention to the kind and quality of footwear you use. All day long, feet are locked in shoes which is a poorly ventilated environment. Because of this, wearing shoes made of breathable materials is a great idea. Our feet carry the weight of our body throughout the day and that’s why you should choose quality shoes. The quality of shoes is mainly defined by the material the shoes are made of. Leather, for example, is a natural and breathable material, allowing your feet to breath, regulate moisture, reduce the proliferation of bacteria and fungi and eliminate foot odor. It also absorbs humidity and good quality leather has the ability to absorb moisture. For those who want to pay close attention to their shoes and invest in a good quality shoe that could last years, Leather Handmade Booties is the shoe to get.
In order for your handmade leather booties to last you should store them in an environment that improves absorption of moisture, it is important to keep the shoes with corresponding wooden shoe trees. The wood has hygroscopic property, that is, it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere, which allows it to regulate the humidity; and wood cleans the environment by maintaining optimum moisture levels (between 40% and 60%). Not only is it providing welfare, it also decreases the risk of infection or allergic reactions to limit the occurrence of mites and bacteria.
Now, don’t take just my word for it. Let’s talk about the reasons why you should wear good quality leather shoes and the advantages they bring.
Advantages of Leather Shoes
They Regulate Foot Moisture
Our feet perspire. All they long while they are locked in our shoes which have little to no ventilation, they perspire. The leather is a breathable material that also absorbs humidity. Good quality leather has the ability to absorb this moisture and keep out the odor and foul stench it would have subsequently produced.
To improve absorption of moisture, it is important to keep the shoes with corresponding wooden shoe trees. The wood has hygroscopic property, that is, it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere, which allows it to regulate the humidity; and wood cleans the environment by maintaining optimum moisture levels (between 40% and 60%). Not only is it providing welfare, it also decreases the risk of infection or allergic reactions to limit the occurrence of mites and bacteria.
They prevent foot odor
Speaking of odor, good leather shoes prevent that. Some synthetic materials don’t allow the shoe to breathe, producing the proliferation of bacteria and fungi and bad odor. By choosing quality shoes you will get rid of smelly feet.
They prevent different forms of discomfort
Your feet tend to widen during the day. Narrow shoes cause deformities in the toes through rubbing and pressure. We must protect our feet using a shoe with high-quality material that avoids possible friction and inflammation and that can stretch.
They help you save money
Investing in a good quality leather shoe saves you from having to repurchase another shoe for a while (unless you want to). Good quality shoes last for a longer time than shoes of poor quality. Keep your shoes clean, hydrated and protected. Give your shoes a chance to breathe – do not wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row (except it’s like your favorite pair). By doing so, you extend the life of the shoes.
Now that we’ve talked about leather and its importance and the advantages of leather shoes, let’s talk about another material that has been said to be great for shoes too; Faux leather.
What is FAUX Leather
FAUX Leather is artificial leather. Faux leather is man-made leather hence it is artificial and synthetic. Faux leather is an eponymous product as these names are often used to describe specific end uses of synthetic leather products such as faux leather clothes, bags, sofa, shoes, chairs and headboard upholstery etc. There are two primary types of faux leather construction: polyurethane (“PU”), and polyvinyl chloride (PVC – “Vinyl”).
Advantages of Faux Leather
Many argue that faux leather offers more advantages compared to real leather. Some of these advantages are:
- It’s Economical: Faux leather is typically much more affordable than real leather.
- It’s Durable: Faux leather is very durable and will last a long time. It can withstand scratches and scrapes that would destroy genuine leather. It is not prone to crack or peel like leather.
- Low Maintenance: Faux leather materials can usually be wiped clean with a rag and warm water. Unlike genuine leather, it does not retain moisture, so faux leather items will not become warped or cracked.
- It has Realistic Quality: Faux leather has been modified and improved with variations in grain, color, and textures to reflect a visual appearance with a realistic leather quality.
- It has consistent Appearance: Faux leather will provide a uniform look since all the pieces come from the same stock.
- Fashion: Faux leathers can also be printed providing an enormous variety of textures and patterns. In addition, because faux leather is a synthetic material, it can be dyed a rainbow of colors. This fashion-forward approach allows for more freedom when designing high demand products. Faux leather allows for these products that are necessary for parents to also be fashionable and trendy.
- Easy to Work With: Faux leather is easier to cut and sew than real leather. In addition, needle marks are usually less noticeable and threads blend with the faux leather material more seamlessly.
Now that you have a little more information about Leather Handmade Booties and faux leather shoes, hopefully, you can make a more informed purchase decision.